- Software customization and flexibility.
- Major gifts stewardship tools.
- Reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Event planning and management.
- Subledger capacities for contribution income.
1. Software customization and flexibility.In order to effectively use a donor management software as the central database around which to build your fundraising strategy, you have to be able to customize the software solution to fit your organization’s unique needs. There are many ways that software needs to be flexible—appearance, user permissions, and the ability to integrate with other programs are all important ways that your donor management software needs to be able to adapt. But those aren’t the only things to keep in mind! As a nonprofit, your organization has unique needs that your donor management software should address. With your new software, your nonprofit’s team should be able to:
- Create custom donor profiles. A robust donor management software should provide you with comprehensive donor profiles, but you should also be able to add custom fields based on your organization’s unique relationship with its donor population. These additional fields also improve understanding of a donor and strengthen your database management strategy.
- Build custom reports. Your organization needs to be able to make data-driven decisions in order to strengthen all facets of your strategy. To do that, you’re going to have to analyze and understand your data. With custom reporting abilities, you can create reports based on any criteria your organization needs.
- Design custom dashboards. Every member of your organization’s team has a slightly different job and will need to see different things. With customizable dashboards, each team member can design their homepage to include the information most crucial to their position and daily tasks.
2. Major gift stewardship tools.Major gifts are a nonprofit organization’s crowning fundraising achievement. These gifts represent months of careful cultivation and personalized solicitations, and your donor management software should be able to help your team gain more of these donations. =&4=& But what does this look like in practice?
- Use your donor management software to identify donor prospects with an integrated wealth screening tool, and analyze existing donors for opportunities for cultivation with a comprehensive search tool.
- Create a personalized dashboard for major gift solicitation opportunities that includes donors, active proposals, and other important information for your major giving strategy.
- Strengthen your moves management strategy with the ability to track meetings, phone calls, event attendance, and other interactions, as well as schedule follow-ups automatically.
- Create specific cultivation timelines for each major gift prospect, and monitor the status of their cultivation process on an individual basis.