- Before and after-school programs.
- Summer school and camps.
- School-based registration fees for athletics and clubs, trips, laptop rentals, parking and transportation, and more.
1. Registration.Throughout the year, your school and its faculty are responsible for hundreds (perhaps thousands) of children who participate in various extracurricular activities and summer programs. Your school program management software should offer an easy-to-use online registration tool specifically designed for the needs of your program, like CommunityPass’ afterschool registration software. Whether a parent wants to enroll his child in the after care program, pay for the laptop rental fee, or sign up for the summer STEM camp, he should have easy access to all the information required to complete the registration process from the comfort of his own device. Make sure your registration tool is equipped with customizable forms. This will ensure your forms contain all the information your school or program needs. Consider offering custom forms for:
- Medical information and allergy alerts.
- Permission slips.
- Emergency contacts.
2. Centralized student information.One of the most important features of your software is the ability to provide centralized student information. Your software should offer:
- Integration with your existing student information system with daily status updates. Student information should have an easy and automated way of transferring to your school program management software. Frequent updates allow students to be automatically added mid-year to the system and removed when they leave the school.
- Parental access to student information. Parents should be able to easily verify and update student information remotely. This will eliminate the need for parents to meet in-person at your school for simple tasks, freeing up the parents as well as your staff.
3. Digital attendance.In a world with working parents and busy schedules, so many kids find themselves in before and after-school programs. With the hectic rush at the beginning and end of the day, you want to do everything within your power to make sure your students are safe and accounted for at all times. Digital attendance tracking integrated with afterschool program software allows your instructors to update the attendance records for your program in real-time. This will allow a more accurate and reliable method of tracking which students attend your program, how long they stay, and where they are throughout their stay. Not only will this create an easier way of managing students while they are in your program but it also guarantees a safe and secure way for parents and authorized individuals to sign students in and out of your program. A digital attendance tracker should be able to verify the parent’s identity with a photo and password. With this tool, you can rest assured that every student leaves your program with an individual authorized for pick-up. It also eliminates the need for paper lists and logs! To see more about afterschool program tools, click here.
4. Tuition management.If your school runs before and aftercare programs, tuition management is extremely important. Keeping track of paper payments and receipts can be exhausting. The software will allow you to digitally manage payments, and drastically reduce the time and effort that goes into making sure every payment has been made. With this tuition manager tool, you can simplify your payment collection process. Online registration and payment will automatically take a load off of your plate while recurring fees can be programmed to automatically charge the correct parents/guardians. The software will allow you to centralize your entire payment process into one digital database that can:
- Accept deposits and partial payments.
- Process credit cards, debit cards, or E-checks.
- Apply family discounts.
- Manage tuition invoicing.
- Withdraw, refund, and credit participants.
- Monitor late pick-up and late payment fees.